Search This Blog

Monday, September 3, 2012

Machine Gun Preacher - My comments to a comment on YouTube

Quickly I must confess I was only slightly disingenuous while talking to the poster as you will see in the picture (it is simply a screen capture of his question and my answer). I have often went back and forth between 110% agnostic, 50% atheist, and 110% terrified believer of God. Keeping the previous sentence in mind, my reply to the comment is truthful but in where I am standing in 2012 it would not be...I just wanted to clarify. I really wanted to respond to the comment the person made because that was one of the biggest revelations I personally had when trying to make sense of religion, God, America, good deeds, heaven, Hell, etc..... If you are the biggest atheist on planet earth....AND BELIEVE America is exceptional and great and can only (hopefully) get greater....if and when you look throughout our history you will know unequivocally that America is great because America is good and our people in large % must believe in God. Again,I rest my case of that statement based on our history, our people, and both the good deeds and the bad ones. I do realize even in 50 years when I hope and intend my family to be using this as a guide and resource for history....what I am saying should be much debatable. That is fine...just be sure and have an honest debate about it and know enough history to have that honest debate. If we have a pure heart and do all that either way it will be a win, guaranteed!

No comments:

Post a Comment